To enable trainees to be a professional Pipe fitter with efficient skills and knowledge.
- Introduction to pipe fitter job
- Measuring and marking out tools
- Hand skills
- Cutting and joining of pipes
- Metallic and nonmetallic materials used in pipelines and valve types
- Grinding principles
- Grinding machine accessories – lubricants and lubrication
- Basics of welding
- Tools used in installation and assembly of pipes
- Different fitting works
- Pipe bending (manual and hydraulic)
- installation grinding wheel – Fixing the ends of grinding machines
- Chamfering and finishing processes
- Edge preparation using grinding machines
- Materials keeping and inventorying
- Configure and set the electrical arc to work - Maintain the length of electric arc
- Arc welding works and positions
- different types of welding machines
- Gas cutting and welding - Assembling and setup of Oxy-acetylene machines
- Gas Welding and cutting of steel pipes
- Welding of steel pipes with oxyacetylene
- Test of pipeline using air pressure
- Communicate inEnglish language.
- Calculate technical mathematics.
- Work on general Computer application.
- Explain and apply health and safety procedures while working to maintain a safe working atmosphere.
- Design and interpret engineering drawings and communicating technical information.
- Illustrate measuring and marking techniques.
- Demonstrate hand skills in cutting and joining of pipes.
- Describe the metallic and non-metallic materials used in pipelines and valve types.
- Describe grinding machine, principles, accessories and lubrication.
- Install grinding wheels and fix the ends of grinding machines.
- Perform basic welding operations.
- Describe and demonstrate installation and assembly of pipes.
- Describe different fitting and pipe fitting works.
- Demonstrate chamfering, finishing and preparing the edges.
- Describe different types of welding machines.
- Illustrate arc welding and positions.
- Perform welding and cutting using oxy acetylene machines.
- Do weld steel pipes using oxy acetylene machine.
- Describe and demonstrate pipeline testing using air pressure.